This course is situated in the Cedars Park area of Stowmarket, to the E of the town centre. The marked 'Start/Finish' is near the Community Centre. Parking is 'on street', or, if using the shopping or refreshment facilities, in the car parks close to where Gun Cotton Way meets the A1120. You may start at any of the checkpoints, whichever is most convenient, & plan your route from (& back to) there. This is a timed course - you'll receive points for each control you visit, & have them deducted if you're over the time allowed!
Although it is a quiet residential area the course involves crossing Navigation Approach, Mortimer Road & Gun Cotton Way: caution is required & under 16s really must be accompanied by an adult.
- Urban - streets & paths in larger towns
Type of Course:
- Score course / Start anywhere
Number of controls:
15 + Start/Finish
Course time limit:
- 40 minutes / You must return to your Start control again to Finish / You can decide how many controls you aim to visit / You don't need to be out for the full time allocation
- 20 per control; 10 points deducted for each minute or part minute over the time allowed / If you use a numbered control as your Start/Finish there won't be any points for that one, but the original Start/Finish (2 circles on triangle symbol) will score instead
Please bear in mind:
- Use only public roads, paths & open spaces / Avoid paths or roads which are marked with a red X / Be aware of residents, walkers & cyclists / Maintain social distancing at all times / The course involves crossing busy roads / Use the designated points, marked in red on the map, to cross the main road / Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult / You're responsible for your own safety, i.e. you take part at your own risk
Suffolk/Central Suffolk/Stowmarket/Cedars Park Score start anywhere PXAS ScoreV40